Monday, April 26, 2010

April Fool Celebration





I was travelling in train on 15th April when I saw the Hammer Box near my allocated seat. On looking it again, I noticed one thing. There is no hammer at all !!!! Wooow. The instruction statement written above the box is very specific though it is difficult to read. It was like this
"BREAK GLASS OF
HAMMER BOX PICK UP
THE HAMMER AND
BREAK WINDOW
GLASS UNIT AND EXIT"


Since it was an a/c coach there was no grill in the window, but only thick glass. So during emergency we are supposed to take the hammer from the hammer box and break window glass to exit. This is what our Indian Railways meant. But where is the hammer? There was a profile of the hammer drawn on the glass. Only diagram.



I won't blame the railway people as my journey was on April month. I guess the Railway guys have extended their April Fool celebration for more than a fortnight. I am not sure whether it is a permanent celebration or not. I don't think IR people is that much bothered about this. Otherwise the ticket checker would have told me some thing at least when he caught me red hand when I was about to take the photo

In order to get the message properly read, I send the snap to many of my friends and finally Jyothish and Ramya were able to give the correct reply.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sarvar said...

Vattanalle!

Tue Sep 28, 05:59:00 PM 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home